Change my name and Paylpay dont react to do it

Theo_R
Contributor
Contributor

Can i make a new account with the same email? after i closed my account, i want to connect paypal with Gcash but Paylpal dont change my name and GCash look to exact the same name, now there is a sligt difference, Paypal dont react on my request to solve it, so i want to close my account and open a new with the same e-mailaddress

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Isaacyap
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Theo_R 

According to PayPal:

You can change the name on your account if it's misspelled or if you've legally changed your name. If you have a business account, you can change the contact name for your business. However, it is not possible to change the name on your account to another person's name.

Here’s how you can change your name:

1. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out."
  2. Click Update below your name.
  3. Select your type of name change.
  4. Follow the instructions on the screen and click either Continue or Update Name.

Note that, depending on the type of name change, you may need to submit documentation for our review. It normally takes 3-5 business days for a review.

Seems like you'd need to wait 3 - 5 business days. Hope it manages to change for you 🙂 its troublesome to create a new account again

Login to Me Too

Theo_R
Contributor
Contributor

I did that all a week ago, sending also documents, but still PayPal don’t react to my request, bad service

Login to Me Too

Isaacyap
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe the alternative is to just set up a new account with a new email 😐 

Might help speed things up that way. All the best @Theo_R 

Login to Me Too

Theo_R
Contributor
Contributor

I thought about that but I can only use my present email, because gcash requires the same email also my linked bank accounts needs this email, I wish PayPal let us make changes and then ask proof for it

Login to Me Too

Isaacyap
Contributor
Contributor

Hey @Theo_R  I don't think you require the same email for both GCash and PayPal. Just first and last name should work 🙂 you can try it out. I've switched emails before and it works. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.