Change country

testimo
New Community Member

Hi,

I moved from Luxembourg to Switzerland.

Since it's not possible to change the country,

I CLOSED the account associated with my email address,

and I registered a new Paypal account with the same email,

but during the registration process, the interface never asked about the country, only the city and the street name,

and this newly opened account still assumes that I'm in Luxembourg, it didn't even give me a chance to select another country.

Why? How can I change my country to Switzerland?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@testimo

As soon as you click to register an account the VERY FIRST thing you have is a drop down box to select your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

testimo2
Contributor
Contributor

No, I registered a business account and it didn't give me the option to select the country.

Even though I entered paypal.com, I was redirected to the Luxembourg website (I'm in Switzerland now) and I couldn't change the country.

The solution was to go to paypal.ch and start the registration there.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@testimo2

You don't 'change' a country, if you were registering a new Paypal account then you would need a new email address, as it was you just re-opened your old one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

testimo2
Contributor
Contributor

Then why is it copy/pasted in all of the threads here, that if you want to change the country, you have to close the Paypal account and open a new one?

I clicked "Close Account" and I had received a confirmation email, saying: "We are sorry that you have decided to CLOSE your PayPal account.".

Login to Me Too

Ariel2012
Contributor
Contributor

I think in today's globalized world, its ridiculous that PayPal cannot more gracefully account for the fact that a sizeable portion of the population moves countries...its a schemozzle to change.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.