Change account type

Yaya23
Contributor
Contributor
How can I change my account from business to personal account. I didn't know it was a business account to begin with
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yaya23 

To request your account is downgraded please follow the steps below:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
2. Click Contact near the bottom of any page.
3. Select Email us.
4. Choose ‘Managing My Account’ in the Topic box, then select ‘Change account type’ in the Subtopic box and lastly select 'Downgrade my account' from the drop-down box.
5. In the Message field please write that you would like to downgrade your account and the reason why. Then, click Submit.
6. Paypal will review your request and email you back within 24-72 hours......thats what they say anyway !!

If you downgrade your account to a Personal account, please be advised of the following:

• You are able to downgrade from a Business/Premier account to a Personal account only once. If you upgrade your account to a Business/Premier account in the future, you won't be able to downgrade to a Personal account again for the lifetime of the account
• All payments received into a Personal account from eBay, auctions, Personal payments and Website Payment buttons (e.g. Buy Now Buttons, PayPal Shopping Cart, or Subscriptions payments), will be limited to the Personal account's Receiving Limit of €2,500 (or currency equivalent)

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yaya23 

To request your account is downgraded please follow the steps below:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
2. Click Contact near the bottom of any page.
3. Select Email us.
4. Choose ‘Managing My Account’ in the Topic box, then select ‘Change account type’ in the Subtopic box and lastly select 'Downgrade my account' from the drop-down box.
5. In the Message field please write that you would like to downgrade your account and the reason why. Then, click Submit.
6. Paypal will review your request and email you back within 24-72 hours......thats what they say anyway !!

If you downgrade your account to a Personal account, please be advised of the following:

• You are able to downgrade from a Business/Premier account to a Personal account only once. If you upgrade your account to a Business/Premier account in the future, you won't be able to downgrade to a Personal account again for the lifetime of the account
• All payments received into a Personal account from eBay, auctions, Personal payments and Website Payment buttons (e.g. Buy Now Buttons, PayPal Shopping Cart, or Subscriptions payments), will be limited to the Personal account's Receiving Limit of €2,500 (or currency equivalent)

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cjj0457
Contributor
Contributor
I was super glad to find this post... but here we are just 1 month later, and when I try this from the browser, I get to step 4 and I don't see the options you speak of. Managing my account and downgrade my account do not appear to be options anymore.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cjj0457 

May be country dependent and account type dependent but as you have supplied info on either option can't give you anymore advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MithuAhmed
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't get (Managing My Account) option please need help

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MithuAhmed 

Your best bet is to contact them as per below and request a downgrade.

Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

xRp-K

i tryed to send to my friend 60 euros but it says thats my paypent is pending and the problem they have taken from my credit card and help with that

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @MithuAhmed,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. If your payment is Pending, it means that the recipient hasn’t accepted it yet. There are a few reasons why your payment might be pending.

A payment might be pending because:

• The recipient hasn’t signed up for a PayPal account yet.
  • You sent money to an email address or phone number that the recipient hasn’t added to their PayPal account. As soon as they add this information to their account, the money will show up in their balance.
  • The recipient is still deciding whether they want to accept your payment.
  • The recipient hasn't confirmed their bank account.

If your payment is pending for 30 days or your payment was denied or refunded, you’ll get your money back. If you paid with your debit or credit card, the money will go back to your card. (It can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement). 

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.