Change Paypal Android App language

phvendramini
Contributor
Contributor

I moved from Brazil to Germany recently and I had to delete my old Brazilian Paypal account and created a new German account.

But now my app is in Deutsche and I can not understand a single word.

How do I change the app language to English?

The default language at my Paypal account is English but the app does not follow it.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @phvendramini,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

You should be able to change the language of your account from the Settings of your account in your PayPal App. If this option is not available, it would mean that you have downloaded the German App and that the language cannot be updated. 

I hope this helps.

Martina 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @phvendramini,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

You should be able to change the language of your account from the Settings of your account in your PayPal App. If this option is not available, it would mean that you have downloaded the German App and that the language cannot be updated. 

I hope this helps.

Martina 

Login to Me Too

phvendramini
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Martina Thanks for your response.

My account language is English, I set up using the Paypal website. I could not find where to change the language in app. I looked in the internet for some help but there are some people  reporting the same problem and no solution.

I downloaded the app when I was in Brazil, the app was in portuguese. When I moved to Germany I had to cancel my brazilian account and created a german one, when I logged back in the app it changed automatically to German and I am not able to change back to portuguese or change to english.

Login to Me Too

VictoriaAixa
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Martina  Same is happening to me. In my case I need the App wether in spanish or in english, but is in Dutch and no single buttom in any part of the settings refers to changing language, this is only available on Paypal wabsite.

I Uninstall the app 2 times and reinstalled it but no resolution of this big issue so far. I cannot use the Paypal service till this gets resolved and it seems no one from Paypal seems to care.

Please would you help me?

Thanks in advance, 

Regds, 

Victoria

Login to Me Too

davanelou
New Community Member

What do you mean with the "German app"? We have downloaded the app from Google play. There is no German Paypal App or at least I did not realise that there was such a version. Anyway, how do I get the "international" app?

Login to Me Too

Skitidetdu
Contributor
Contributor
How is this an accepted solution? It doesn't solve anything. There is no option to change language and this reply does not say how or where to download an app with the language support needed. Please come up with a solution now!!! I need to use PayPal!!!
Login to Me Too

yngwil
New Community Member

Copy of my e-mail to app-feedback paypal com

Hi, great app but I do have a language problem.

I live in Finland that have two official languages, Finnish and Swedish. My native language is Swedish and unfortunately I don't understand Finnish. In my Android mobile I have set up two languages with Swedish as 1st language as I want to use my native language as much as possible.
1. Swedish (Finland)
2. English (Finland)
With the above settings the PayPal app is in Finnish that I don't understand. Of course one would expect the PayPal app to be in Swedish with this setting.

If I change the language order in my mobile as below
1. English (Finland)
2. Swedish (Finland)
the PayPal app is in English that I understand quite well.

This means that to be able to use the PayPal app, I have to change my mobile language setting each time, which is not very convenient.

Can you please fix this small bug to make all Swedish speaking Finns happy 😉 ...or make a language setting available in the app.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.