Catch 22: Unable to Login and Unable to Email for Help because they require me to login

cleilani
New Community Member
Greetings from Thailand! The account I'm using to post this question is the one I usually use. I have another account (my USD account) that I haven't used in years in which I recently received some money. I hadn't logged in in years and never using my current phone, so I was asked to verify my account using a phone number I haven't used for four years. I thought, fine, I'll just see if I can do it another way. It then showed me two phone numbers I've not seen in years, and had no other options. Besides being unable to receive text messages on a phone number I've not used in four years, I realized it wouldn't have mattered since I can't even receive text messages since I am travelling in Thailand and will be for the next eight months. I then figured, well, fine. I'll just go to the Help centre and fix this up. But my problem was not in any of the FAQs and I couldn't email them (login required), chat to them (login required), or call them (I can't call the US). I couldn't even post my query on this community page unless I logged in with my other account. It has occurred to me now that this system is ridiculous and inefficient. It's a catch-22! Any help is appreciated.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cleilani 

Sadly paypal is country specific so you can't use a U.S paypal account in another country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.