cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catch 22: Unable to Login and Unable to Email for Help because they require me to login

New Community Member

Catch 22: Unable to Login and Unable to Email for Help because they require me to login

Greetings from Thailand! The account I'm using to post this question is the one I usually use. I have another account (my USD account) that I haven't used in years in which I recently received some money. I hadn't logged in in years and never using my current phone, so I was asked to verify my account using a phone number I haven't used for four years. I thought, fine, I'll just see if I can do it another way. It then showed me two phone numbers I've not seen in years, and had no other options. Besides being unable to receive text messages on a phone number I've not used in four years, I realized it wouldn't have mattered since I can't even receive text messages since I am travelling in Thailand and will be for the next eight months. I then figured, well, fine. I'll just go to the Help centre and fix this up. But my problem was not in any of the FAQs and I couldn't email them (login required), chat to them (login required), or call them (I can't call the US). I couldn't even post my query on this community page unless I logged in with my other account. It has occurred to me now that this system is ridiculous and inefficient. It's a catch-22! Any help is appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Catch 22: Unable to Login and Unable to Email for Help because they require me to login

@cleilani 

Sadly paypal is country specific so you can't use a U.S paypal account in another country.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.