Card linking

NikkeZ
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! 

I try to link my card but it says " Sorry we are not able to process yor request. Please try again later" I have been trying now 2months but still i cant link.

What should i do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

esid721248
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

Good day to you.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. in order to assist you with your concern. kindly check on these possible reasons as well as the solutions:

I am getting an error when I try to link my credit or debit card. Why?

If you've tried to link your credit or debit card to your PayPal account, but received an error message, it may be because:

• The billing address you've entered for your PayPal account is different than the one on your card statement.
What to do: Check your card statement to ensure both addresses match. If you are sure you've entered the information correctly, please call the card company to find out what they have on file. Sometimes, after a recent move, the information may take longer to be updated.
  • A card can only be linked to one PayPal account at a time.
What to do: If you already have a card linked, remove this card from your account, then link the new one.
  • Your card company did not accept the $1.00 authorization sent by PayPal when you attempted to add the card.
What to do: Call your card company to find out why they are rejecting the authorization from PayPal. After they resolve the issue, try adding your card again.
          . You have 8 linked cards on your account.
What to do: Remove at least one credit card from your account. You can only have 8 linked cards on your account at once.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

esid721248
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

Good day to you.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. in order to assist you with your concern. kindly check on these possible reasons as well as the solutions:

I am getting an error when I try to link my credit or debit card. Why?

If you've tried to link your credit or debit card to your PayPal account, but received an error message, it may be because:

• The billing address you've entered for your PayPal account is different than the one on your card statement.
What to do: Check your card statement to ensure both addresses match. If you are sure you've entered the information correctly, please call the card company to find out what they have on file. Sometimes, after a recent move, the information may take longer to be updated.
  • A card can only be linked to one PayPal account at a time.
What to do: If you already have a card linked, remove this card from your account, then link the new one.
  • Your card company did not accept the $1.00 authorization sent by PayPal when you attempted to add the card.
What to do: Call your card company to find out why they are rejecting the authorization from PayPal. After they resolve the issue, try adding your card again.
          . You have 8 linked cards on your account.
What to do: Remove at least one credit card from your account. You can only have 8 linked cards on your account at once.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.