Cant verify my two step authentication. Phone was turned off, no cell service to receive the code.

kateneedshelp
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! So I was recently on a phone plan that I was splitting with someone and they decided to not, pay their half basically. : )

So now I cannot log into my main account for paypal.

Which is awful.

Scratch that, it's actually horrifying because I recently had put a two step authentication option on for my account, but now that my phone is off, I cannot receive any sort of code or confirmation text at all from paypal to log in to try and pay my bills or even receive money to try to turn my phone back on.

I don't know what to do, I had to create another account just so I could post this. I like my old account, and I have all my information on there. I can't call paypal support because, as I said, I cannot receive texts, calls or otherwise unless it's on imessage wifi.

So I'm stuck until then. I need to make money, I have a new job starting soon and I don't have a car to get there.

You can see why I'm in a rock and a hard place.

TLDR; I set up two factor authentication for my account.  roommate doesn't pay their half of the phone plan. Phone gets shut off. I can no longer receive any code or texts to log in. Cycle repeats. Sos. Please! What do I do? I can't log in to turn off my main account so god forbid if it gets hacked my bank and details are on there! I'm already walking for transportation, so getting a new card and etc would be hell right now!

Would paypal allow me to move my stuff to this new account or am I boned?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.