Cant resolve. Can't cancel PayPal account.

Jude_G
Contributor
Contributor

I'm cross. I originally set up Pay Pal account in 2008 --- now I am being addressed by husband's name!!! (What would he know) and account limited till more info. I have supplied info as requested and it has stuck in limbo for weeks now. Just an automated payment popped up saying it had been refused which somewhat startled me and I went to resolve it immediately but that is as far as its got. It won't even let me cancel and start again. Why can I not even cancel the account.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jude_G 

Is the account in your name or your husbands name?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jude_G
Contributor
Contributor

Account was set up by me in my name in 2008 - visa card is joint account. So I am suddenly being addressed with husband's name!!  Husband wouldn't know how to deal frankly. Talk about discrimination. And it is asking for extra documentation it never asked for before.

I realise extra documentation being asked for is probably down to changes in rules to do with money laundering etc .

I have supplied the documentation it says is required rates notices etc but now its hung up "under review" whatever and they are just not dealing.

But I cannot cancel the account.  PayPal have seemingly gone to their ivory tower and not communicating at all.  If the server can accept documentation via the server why is it not responding for me to cancel the account and solve it once and for all. 

Thanks for your response.

Still no resolution - still in limbo -- this is really too bad - first chance I get I am probably going to try to get cancelled and set up again if I can't get a resolution to this nightmare.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.