Cant remove Security Key

nmvansoelen
New Community Member

Hello,

I have been trying to remove the security key since I will no longer use that number in a couple days.

I go into my Paypal account->Profile->Profile and settings->My settings->Security Key: update

I have tried to click on "Remove" to remove this number, it starts the procedure showing me a green circle looping around but it never ends. I have waited more than 10 minutes without success.

Ive tried sending an SMS to 729725 with the text STOP but I get no reply at all. I have tried also to send HELP to 729725 and also no answer whatsoever.

I do however get the security key to my cellphone from 729725 whenever I need to log in into my account.

What should I do? I need to remove this number in the following days so I can access my account, I know I can use the security questions as backup but that is not ideal.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You may want to contact customer service for assistance as they can look at few things on their end.

Login to Me Too

Wisdomwear
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem. I was able to fix it by clicking 'Activate a new security key token' at the bottom of the page, then on the next screen click the 'cancel' button. After that it should take you to a list of your mobile numbers where you can activate/deactivate them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.