Cant add Phonenumber. Always sais: You have entered an invalid phone number.

kaneelschep
Contributor
Contributor

I try to add a mobile phonenumber. But however I type it. It always sais: You have entered an invalid phone number.

I have a hungarian account. I tried my dutch phonenumber. And my wife's hungarian phonenumer. None work.

How to add mobile phonenumber which I can confirm?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kaneelschep

Depends what country you are actually in and what countries paypal account you have?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kaneelschep

Depends what country you are actually in and what countries paypal account you have?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kaneelschep
Contributor
Contributor
Hungarian account in Hungary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kaneelschep

Then you need to add a Hungarian phone number in your own name.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kaneelschep
Contributor
Contributor
Thats ridiculous. How can they even check. They cant have access to telephone provider data.. I am a european citizen. I have a dutch phone which can call everywhere in the eu for free. There is simply no need for a hungarian one. And what good does it do paypal for me to have a local phone. This paypal is such a backwards restricted **bleep**. How it ever became an international standard is beyond me.
Login to Me Too

caoimhinoc
Contributor
Contributor

Similar here. I've a Dutch account but I haven't had a Dutch mobile in years. How do I add an Austrian phone number?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@caoimhinoc 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

caoimhinoc
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

But that ignores the reality of Europe. A lot of people don't have addresses, phone numbers, bank accounts in the same country.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@caoimhinoc 

I can only tell you how it works, nothing to do with me if you don't like how it works.

Paypals not a bank so it has to abide by the governments / banks of each country its allowed to offer its services to.

Thats why paypal differs so much country to country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

19starfox73
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Philippines number and I am in the Philippines but it is saying my number is invalid. I am receiving OTP from my bank and other payment applications. I don't understand why paypal will not accept it. Additionally I can't call customer service since the number they are providing is a US number!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.