Cant acces my account due to losing my phone

Jojoxcm145
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal want a certification code and i don't have the same number i set it up with . I cant get true to them on the phone either
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

NicholasNoo
Contributor
Contributor

I am having a similar problem.

The mobile phone number that PayPal has against my account is incorrect (is an old phone I no longer have access to). Now they are forcing the new 2-step verification process, the only options I get when logging into my account is to send a text to this incorrect number, or have someone at PayPal call this incorrect number.

I have no way to contact PayPal to tell them about this problem as the only options I can find to send them a message / email or anything else requires me to be logged in to my account first.

How can I even contact PayPal to resolve this issue when I can't even get to a page where I can send them a message? They have no listed support email addresses, no online chat, no contact numbers. I cant make a complaint without being logged in, I cant visit the Resolution Centre without being logged in. I've been completely locked out of my account and all ways of communicating with PayPal because they don't have the foresight to anticipate this scenario??

I want to enable the Symantec VIP tool for my account which I already use elsewhere, but I cant get to my PayPal settings to enable this feature because I need to be logged in first, but they will only send codes to my old incorrect number.

What am I supposed to do PayPal?? The only options you provide are to reset my password. I don't have a problem with my password, I have a problem with the 2nd-step of this illegally enforced mobile phone verification process.

I figured out that I can log into the PayPal Xoom website without the phone number verification step being required. They have my old phone number there too which I am able to edit, but unfortunately it does not also update my PayPal account! At least from there I've been able to get back to the PayPal Community website whilst so I can write this message.

This is ridiculous PayPal. First you assume everyone has a mobile phone, then you lock people out of their account with no way back in and no way to communicate with you about it. I think I can see a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman coming up.

Login to Me Too

valykvbn92
Contributor
Contributor

pointless2020
Contributor
Contributor

me to and no way to contact paypal so called 'help' unless, guess what? i log in using a code sent to my phone!

they really didn't think this through, did they? how many people lose phones / get cut off for whatever reason every day?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jojoxcm145 

@valykvbn92 

@NicholasNoo 

Try:

1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.

2. Use the forgotten password option several times.

3. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).

4. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.

5. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.