Cannot verify account. Phone service not available.

BaronAsh
Contributor
Contributor

Two days ago I suddenly couldn't log in and needed to verify. Verification didn't work (my old phone number with them is long gone). I changed PW fine but still cannot login to the account. I call the number but after 2-3 minutes no matter which option I pick a voice says that they cannot handle this issue by phone. There is no email service either meaning I cannot communicate with paypal about this. 

I want this either resolved or to close the account. Right now I can do neither because Paypal refuses to offer avenues of communication. 

What to do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BaronAsh 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BaronAsh
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I have called that number many times before posting. It always ends up with a voice recording which says they cannot help me via the phone. 

This is why I posted. It seems there is no way to contact paypal if their answering service doesn't push you through to an operator, a living agent you can talk to. So I cannot use Paypal, I cannot verify the account, I cannot cancel the account. I guess I'll have to go to my bank and cancel their access to it but the account will remain unused forevermore. I would prefer, though, to first delete my banking information from the paypal database before abandoning using it. 

I am very disappointed to have hit such a brick wall with a service I have used for very many years.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.