Cannot use funds - we need to confirm your identity.

Regenr8
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Member since 2007. Never had any real issues until the last year. Back in February 2020, was asked to confirm identity (after 13 years lol). Took ages as site kept saying cannot proceed due to technical difficulties - got there in the end, everything aok. Running smoothly until September 2020, went to withdraw funds to bank account, that lovely term appeared again ‘We need to confirm your identity’ - ‘Confirm your identity, try again’. I press the ‘Confirm your identity now’ tab, then low and behold, up pops ‘We’re sorry, something seems to have gone wrong’. Have been sending messages via PayPal, Facebook. Tried to call. First few weeks, was told to wait 48 hrs then try again (did that, nothing). Then have been told my issue has been passed on to relevant departments. But nothing. Has PayPal closed down? Everyone quit their jobs at PayPal?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Regenr8
Contributor
Contributor

Update.

Over the last few weeks, solutions being offered were wait 48hrs and try again (3 times).

Also, check your limitations and/or notifications - (I have nothing).

Today, latest response, wait 24hrs and we’ll try again ( Who is ‘We’?).

Paypal site also keeps freezing/crashing.

Have been told PayPal is suffering some serious  security breaches - would this be correct?

Login to Me Too

Regenr8
Contributor
Contributor

Update;

was again asked to wait 24 hours - time has passed and nothing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.