Cannot update account or business information

chpp12
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to update the account information on one of my paypal business accounts as the information on there relates to a previous business from which the account is no longer held by, however it appears I do not have full permissions in order to update any information nor add any additonal users (including myself)

Please can someone let me know how to grant myself full administrator access so I can update the business and account owner information?

Many thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @chpp12,

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry you're unable to update information or add or edit users to the account. If you're logging in with the email address and password associated with the account, then you would have the full access for the account and be able to effect any changes that the account owner is able to make. Users on the account would be logging in with a username and password and would have access determined by the permissions that the main account holder sets. Are you logging in with the email address or as a user on the account?

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

chpp12
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Olivia, Thank you for clarifying this. I was logging in with a user ID which explains why. I’ve tried logging in using the Primary email address however it’s saying my information is correct - I think I have forgotten my password. How do I reset the password for the primary email address login, not the user ID login?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @chpp12,

Thank you for the reply! To change the password for the account, please follow these steps.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.