Cannot transfer money out from oversea

vince1103vince
Contributor
Contributor

I am now living in Australia, and have a US paypal account.

Now I want to send my money from my US account to my Australian account, but it always doesn't work.

It always asked me to confirm my information with a social security number. However, I was a international student in US, so I didnt have it.

Now I could not use my balance to shop online, and could not either send the money out.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vince1103vince wrote:

I am now living in Australia, and have a US paypal account.

Now I want to send my money from my US account to my Australian account, but it always doesn't work.

It always asked me to confirm my information with a social security number. However, I was a international student in US, so I didnt have it.

Now I could not use my balance to shop online, and could not either send the money out.

PayPal is country specific. You will need to contact PayPal customer service to get them to okay your use and inform them that you are studying abroad and need use of your PayPal account. Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

vince1103vince
Contributor
Contributor
I have called 3 times to Australian service and 5 times to US service. Some of the agent said they cannot do anything about it, and some said they will transfer the money for me in 2 days. However, it’s been 2 weeks, and the problem is still there. Nothing was transferred. The worst thing is even they fail to transfer the money, they don’t notice me a call. So I have to call them again and check the progress, which is very very frustrating. I have to say PayPal has the worst service ever. I suggest everyone to just leave your money away from PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.