Cannot set up listing with Ebay as they say I have no Pay Pal account!

Julesoflondon
Contributor
Contributor

I really hope someone can help me please,  I have only just set up a Pay Pal account as I wish to sell something on Ebay.  However, I went through the Ebay listing process with the same email I have for my Pay Pal account but I keep getting the message ..'It looks like there's a problem with this listing.
PayPal email - The email address you entered isn't linked to a PayPal account. If you don't have a PayPal account, you'll need to set one up with this email address so that buyers can pay you...' but it is the same address! I did everything I should have done whilst setting up my Pay Pal.  Should I cancel my account and reset it up?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Julesoflondon 

Double check the email address you have on your listing and make sure there wasn't a typo or spelling error.......

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Julesoflondon
Contributor
Contributor

It is sorted now thank you.. Julie

Login to Me Too

bingeclearance
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue, kept calling PayPal and eBay back and forth, PayPal saying everything all good, eBay saying it's PayPal, then finally a few days ago got someone to tell me that it's a "glitch in the system" and is being worked on. I called them again today and they basically told me there's nothing they can do they tried everything. I tried making a new email, new account, my PayPal is verified, I sold my soul to the devil, I threw everything but the kitchen sink. I can't seem to figure it out. The spelling is correct, everything is correct, everything is verified, nothing is working! I will post an update if I find resolution. I don't know how a company as big as eBay let's someone go a week with this issue, don't they want people listing items for sale????? I refuse to just give up.

Login to Me Too

bingeclearance
Contributor
Contributor

PS. When I go to post a listing, and check the box under payment methods, paypal, there is a blank field where you can enter your email automatically. When I called them, they said it is supposed to auto-fill when you check that box with your e-mail.

Login to Me Too

Julesoflondon
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I contacted ebay again and spoke to someone over the telephone.  She just said she couldn't understand it, did something on her computer and it finally worked.... Julie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.