Cannot remove old addresses - possibly linked to old (expired) cards and paypal credit?

PitRejection235
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

The online Customer service chat is terrible and can't seem fix this. I' moved house about 4 months ago and update my address in PayPal. Today I received a letter that was sent to my old address, from paypal credit. Looking at my account, it shows my new address as primary, along with 2 old addresses i no longer live at.

So i tried to remove the old addresses, but there were 2 different issues:

1. A very old address says it has 3 cards linked to it. These appear to be ancient debit cards (as I haven't lived at that address for over 10 years), and they have all expired. They do not show up in my wallet, so I cannot remove them, and therefore cannot remove the address. Catch 22. I cannot remove the address, and I cannot remove the cards.

2. My most recent address (to which the letter was sent) is possibly linked to my paypal credit account. But there does not appear to be any way to update the credit address on the website, so I can't remove my old address, nor update my paypal credit to my new address.

Anyone have any idea how to fix either of these issues? It shouldn't be this difficult... Grrr!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Deaddis
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same problem that I can't remove my old address, or the new address (which had a typo in it...), and this is not a solution.
Paypal how about you fix it for real? Calling a support to remove old an old address in the year 2021 isn't a solution...

Login to Me Too

williamc88
Contributor
Contributor

Chat was extremely useless and unhelpful. Where is the support number listed? Did they actually remove the address from the address book or just update it? (in which case we would have to call every time to make this change)

Dear Paypal development team, please fix your UI and also maybe provide a more helpful chat experience where the agents can escalate these sorts of issues to the right place. It was extremely irritating to have the agent repeat the same script over and over and then tell me that I needed to make the change on my end (we can't, because the UI is broken).

Login to Me Too

tc411
Contributor
Contributor

same issue with me....can't find my old card in "wallet" and so can't remove my old address.  how to resolve it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.