Cannot remove bank account with new PayPal account

Ammar69
Contributor
Contributor

I recently made a new account for my purchasing online. I was inserting a family members debit card which included all the main credentials needed in order for it to be saved. However, I hadn’t purchased anything with the debit card, so I decided to remove it. Only problem was that PayPal wouldn’t let me remove it at all (strange to me considering that it could let me insert an account but not remove it). I am guessing it had something to do with the lack of identification on my account, however I’m still pretty new to this so I wouldn’t know much. Is there any other way of removing the debit card from the account? I’ve tried looking all over and yet no luck. Would be much appreciated if someone responds ASAP. 🙂

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ammar69

How many accounts do you have?

Why would you think you can add another persons card to your individual paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ammar69
Contributor
Contributor
I only have this account that I am using (it was recently made) and a family member wanted to purchase something online that had to be done via PayPal, so I tried using inserting her debit card into my account. However I decided it would be best to not use that particular debit card. The debit card is stuck onto my account and PayPal is not letting me remove it whatsoever. All I want to do is to remove that debit card from my account and PayPal is not letting me as it gives me an error message displaying that there is a problem with my account. I appreciate the response.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.