New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
I've had a Paypal account for over a decade but a sequence of events has locked me out and I cannot seem to find a way to login anymore:
- first, Paypal requested that I change my password before I connect. In itself, this shouldn't normally be a problem, BUT
- Paypal also requested that I use a code sent to my phone. Now, THIS is a problem because my account is linked to an old foreign phone number (I've traveled extensively abroad and changed numbers many times).
I've tried getting access to the 'Security Questions' instead, but Paypal refuses to offer any other means of connection: it's phone or nothing. What's the point of those 3 questions if they cannot be used?
FYI - I have since created a second account to circumvent the problem temporarily (which I'm using right now), but I have money recently sent to my old account that I urgently need to 'unlock'.
My question is, therefore, how am I supposed to get access to my account if Paypal won't let me use my email/password combo, and won't even let me answer my security questions?
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Use the forgotten password option several times.
3. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
4. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
5. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
6. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.
7. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.
Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...
1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.