Cannot close PayPal Account

schmeks1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I currently have a Business PayPal account, but whenever I try to close, it won't let me. When I went in and contacted, messaged the auto chat bot, it said I had 1 open case that was not allowing me to close account, but I have no open cases at all. I checked my resolution center. I have tried calling PayPal, but the phone keeps hanging up, their chat isn't replying either. Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PasFilmFest
New Community Member

Having the same problem. Paypal is refusing to resolve a past claim (that has been resolved for a month already). They got their money back, the account has the balance restored to Zero, and everyone is happy.... but for some reason I can't close it. I contacted the claimant and her bank, and it is all resolkved on their side. It's paypal that is actually stalling. I'm starting to consider getting my lawyer involved, and I'm sorry to say you may have to as well. Seems like a law suit is the only language they understand.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.