cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change my password

New Community Member

Cannot change my password

I received an email saying that someone in the USA used my account through my password. I am trying to change my password but there is all the time an error message. Can you please assist?

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Cannot change my password

Hi @BenjaminBangkok,

I'm sorry to hear about this concerning situation. Are you trying to change your password through a link in the email, or did you open a fresh browser and log in by typing PayPal.com into the URL field? If you're clicking a link in the email, it's probable that the email you received is a fake email designed to capture your login and password. If this is the case, please open a browser and visit PayPal.com and change your password there.

If you're not following any links and are running into difficulty changing your password, please first clear your browser's cookies and cache and restart it. If the problem persists after that, please contact customer service for assistance.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this is resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.