Cannot add bank account and thus cannot finish the transaction

minh672
Contributor
Contributor

So I've just made a transaction on a page where it requires you to fill in my personal details and bank account without knowing that it will create an account for me. I also filled in the wrong birth year (2001 instead of 2002) and I realized that after going through the Personal Information part. After that I thought of many cases where PayPal takes 30€+ from some people without reasons, so I unlink my bank account with PayPal. Then I realised that the transaction is unfinished so I tried to add the bank information back to finish it, but the system said that the account has met the max limit of PayPal account that it can be linked with. Basically now I'm stuck at the process where there's an unfinished transaction and I can't add bank account to finish it.

(I'm also going to delete this account after the problem is solved)

Edit 1: I've contacted the seller and they said that the transaction is finished and thus cannot be cancelled and if it's cancelable then I will be the one who cancel it.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Dian

Hey @minh672

Thanks for asking your question in our Community. 

I understand that you made a payment, removed the bank from the PayPal account and now you are not able to add it again in order to complete the payment. When a payment is not completed, you will not be able to remove the financials. You mentioned that the seller is already paid. I think that the payment was already completed before you removed the bank account. I would advise checking your bank and or card statement to see if we deducted the amount. If anything would go wrong and the seller is already paid it would create a negative balance on the PayPal account. However, I don't think this will happen as you were able t remove the bank from the account. You can only do this when a payment is completed. 

I hope this information helps. 

Dian 

Login to Me Too

minh672
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dian, I've checked the bank account, the right amount of money was taken and the transaction seems to be completed. However, when I try to close my account, a pop-up appears and says "There's a pending transaction that needs to be completed first.". This is a problem since I the last transaction was successful and nothing bad happens. How can I close my account now?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.