Cannot access my money from old account

ammar180
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold a phone on eBay that costed around $440. The buyer has paid and he has also received the phone. After a couple of days I noticed that the $440 was automatically sent into an old PayPal account since the email address on both platforms was the same. That PayPal account was created by myself around 4 or 5 years ago as I was merely a child doing stupid things. The first name, last name, address, are all fake information and the account's nationality was set to Canada, even though I live here in the United States. I even remember the login information of this account and can fully access it. I can even see my balance in that account, but since that account was made in Canada and I am not able to change that, there is literally no way for me to transfer this money to my ACTUAL and MAIN PayPal account. I've spoken to both eBay and PayPal about this on the phone so many times already and they keep informing that since I violated the terms and conditions providing my full legal name that there is nothing they can do. So my $440 is sitting in an inactive PayPal account that I have no way of accessing. I am a 20 year old who works hard for my money and I live paycheck to paycheck...I absolutely need this money. I understand that I went against the terms and conditions but I am willing to do anything for my money. Can someone please help me.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ammar180 

Is the account limited or asking to confirm identity? Yeah, can't use fake anything on a PayPal account these days. If you can't prove its you, you can't get at the money.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ammar180
Contributor
Contributor
It's not letting me do anything really. I'm trying to transfer money over to my actual account but the maximum I can do is 5 dollars. I don't understand though, there has to be something I can do, I'm willing to provide photo identification, passport, banks statements etc..
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.