Cannot access account PSD2, let us update our mobile numbers

dmcapp
Contributor
Contributor

"New PDS2 regulations change the way you log in with PayPal. If your mobile number isn’t up to date access will be disrupted. Please check your Profile now." - Paypal front page help message. 

My old inaccessible number is registered to the account. 

Profiles can ONLY be accessed if you have the registered mobile number. Cannot update to new mobile number . Cannot therefore access account . This is broken in a browser and through your app. 

You need to allow the ability to either update phone numbers or verify in a different manner. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

dmcapp
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. 

For the benefit of other people suffering this problem, let me give feedback to your advice.

1. Download mobile app. Still requires you to verify old phone number. 

2 &5 You can change your password , but even then you still must verify your old phone number

3. Chrome/Firefox/Edge/Brave all have the same outcome , you still have to verify your old phone number

4. This was over the period of a week and from the other posts I have read has been an issue for months.

Contact options - You can only message or contact paypal if you can verify your account using your old phone number.

There is a solution, you have to make a phone call and speak to someone. This will take a long time and you will be charged for the phone call. It is not a free number.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dmcapp 

Try:

1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.

2. Use the forgotten password option.

3. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).

4. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.

5. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal at the moment are...

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

dmcapp
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. 

For the benefit of other people suffering this problem, let me give feedback to your advice.

1. Download mobile app. Still requires you to verify old phone number. 

2 &5 You can change your password , but even then you still must verify your old phone number

3. Chrome/Firefox/Edge/Brave all have the same outcome , you still have to verify your old phone number

4. This was over the period of a week and from the other posts I have read has been an issue for months.

Contact options - You can only message or contact paypal if you can verify your account using your old phone number.

There is a solution, you have to make a phone call and speak to someone. This will take a long time and you will be charged for the phone call. It is not a free number.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dmcapp 

Others have followed my advice and successfully managed to log in.

I just posted to give you all the options available.

However glad to see you also followed my advice and phoned them.

Paypals phone number charges would depend on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Guimba
Contributor
Contributor
How can I pay out
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.