Cannot access account I want to close. Being sent round in circles

ri5
New Community Member

Hi,

I have an old paypal account i want to close. so i did what it said to close. And paypal won't let me close it. So I eventually sent a message because the bot helper sent me round in circles.
While in my very old account with out of date info, i updated my profile, including contact details.
So when i found a message to say log in to your account to see the message paypal sent me, i thought everything would go smoothly. Except they insist on sending me a code to my very old landline where I havent lived for 8 years to get into my account. Then I can reset my password. Once my password is reset, I cannot get into the account because they want to verify its me and send me a code to my very old landline where i havent lived for 8 years, to get into my account. Then I have to reset my password. I'm going balmy and wondering why I bother to close this account that has been inactive for 15 years...

Oh, and I cant access PayPal help, because I have to log in and i cant log in because I cant verify and they dont allow me to verify and even when i asked for a different way to verify it would not accept the answers to my security questions I set up  yesterday. I'm frankly, disappointed, to put it mildly.

Anybody got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Ri

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.