Cannot Receive Money

fissure
New Community Member

I cannot receive money using PayPal via web browser (Windows 10, Firefox) or App (Google Pixel 3).

I can send money to other users and make payments from PayPal (Windows 10, Firefox and Google Pixel 3 App).

If I try to "Request Money" from PayPal using the web browser (again Windows 10, Firefox) I get the message "There's a problem with your account. Please visit our help center so we can help you resolve this quickly."  Visiting the help center does not actually help  - searching through help documents for "request money" does not bring up any useful information and the Resolution Center only allows me to report previous transaction (none of which need to be reported).  I do not see any notification anywhere that there is an issue with my account.

If I "Request Money" using the PayPal App on my Pixel 3 I get the message "Sorry, you can't request money right now, It looks like there is an issue with your account."   I have a notifications in the PayPal App saying "We need a bit more info from you.  Confirming customer identities is one of the ways we keep..."  The link then tells me to log into the PayPal we site to send the information.  But when I log into the PayPal website I do not see a way to confirm my identity.

Lastly, if someone tries to pay me using PayPal they receive a message saying that there is a problem with my account and my account cannot receive money from them.

I do not know how to contact PayPal directly with this problem.  Does anyone have any ideas on what might be going on?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.