Cannot Provide Docs To Verify Identity Due To Glitch

tsinks1004
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I was requested to verify my identity via my notifications through the "Provide Docs Now" button, which I did, but I was then asked by a customer service representative to provide additional documentation via the same notification. However, upon attempting to do so, I was given the same message I was given when I had finished sending the documents previously, telling me "to wait 1-2 business days" for them to process them. I have now been receiving the same message for well over a week, and still have been completely unable to send documents. It was previously suggested to use the section of the site (which will be linked at the bottom of the post) for sending various documents and send it through there. However, as I was requested to send my social security card for proof, I'm a bit hesitant to use it, as I'm unsure of how safe it is for these type of government documents. Does anyone know any way to resolve my "Provide Docs Now" notification being locked up at the completion stage of the process?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tsinks1004 wrote:

Hello, I was requested to verify my identity via my notifications through the "Provide Docs Now" button, which I did, but I was then asked by a customer service representative to provide additional documentation via the same notification. However, upon attempting to do so, I was given the same message I was given when I had finished sending the documents previously, telling me "to wait 1-2 business days" for them to process them. I have now been receiving the same message for well over a week, and still have been completely unable to send documents. It was previously suggested to use the section of the site (which will be linked at the bottom of the post) for sending various documents and send it through there. However, as I was requested to send my social security card for proof, I'm a bit hesitant to use it, as I'm unsure of how safe it is for these type of government documents. Does anyone know any way to resolve my "Provide Docs Now" notification being locked up at the completion stage of the process?

Call PayPal customer service for assistance. No one here has access to others' accounts. 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

Click “Call Us” at the bottom

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tsinks1004 wrote:

Call PayPal customer service for assistance. No one here has access to others' accounts. 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

Click “Call Us” at the bottom

Login to Me Too

tsinks1004
Contributor
Contributor

This is true, but I figured that maybe someone might've encountered this glitch and may be able to provide a work around to reset the process. I've already contacted customer service once, but they weren't super helpful, and provided a questionable method to get around the standard submission process. I suppose I could contact them again though. For now, I'll be keeping this open to see if someone may know a way to get it reset.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tsinks1004 wrote:

This is true, but I figured that maybe someone might've encountered this glitch and may be able to provide a work around to reset the process. I've already contacted customer service once, but they weren't super helpful, and provided a questionable method to gel et around the standard submission process. I suppose I could contact them again though. For now, I'll be keeping this open to see if someone may know a way to get it reset.

Customer service will be able to re-enable the upload function for you. You can try to clear browser cache and update your browser if needed and restart your device.

Login to Me Too

tsinks1004
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I was told what to do by customer service, uploaded the necessary document... and then they requested the same document from me for a second time, as if I didn't provide it.

Login to Me Too

tsinks1004
Contributor
Contributor

I should also note that I actually got a completely separate browser open fresh, and I still ran into the same glitch.

Login to Me Too

Ruthi1025
Contributor
Contributor
Have had the same issue for well over a month and a half and am at my wits end!!!
Login to Me Too

pbleyer
New Community Member

Had the same issue. You can also get the "upload documents" form to popup from Help -> Resolution Center -> Go to Account Limitations and then click on the link to provide the documentation that is missing (eg SSN).

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Jennifer2020
New Community Member

I would love to call about this, but Paypal is not accepting telephone calls.  I would love to chat about this, but Paypal simply makes you wait and wait for someone to come onto the chat.  After three attempts and much waiting on the computer. I have not been able to chat with anyone at Paypal.  Looking for other ways to do business at this point.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.