Cannot Get PayPal Support

JSPA
Contributor
Contributor
I’m trying to close my Customer PayPal account. I have tried every avenue for a month (phone, email, messaging) without success. Does anyone know of a contact address/phone number/email account that is actually monitored? The responses from the messaging system are useless. PayPal’s stonewalling appears and lack of response appears to be deliberate. Their refusal to help leaves me open to fraud. I am soon going to file complaints with the BBB, the Attorney General in California, and the Board of Consumer Affairs. Thank you for any advice or help. Please note: I have already tried closing my account in Settings multiple times. This does NOT work. I received the same error message each attempt, telling me to contact support. Also, I have no open cases or disputes. I have no pending transactions. I have no active recurring payments. Several messages from support have indicated that I must wait 180 days from the last transaction to close my account. This is contrary to PayPal’s User Agreement, which states that I can close my account at any time.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JSPA 

If you are having to wait 180 days to withdraw any funds then it sounds as if you have a permanent ban.

If you have a permanent ban then you are not allowed to close it, paypal limit it to stop you doing so. That way you can't use any of the linked information to try and open another paypal account against their rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JSPA
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. In over a month, no one from PayPal support has used the term “permanently banned” , nor have I received any notification of this, so I don’t understand why this would be the case. I don’t have any open cases or disputes with PayPal. And I’m not trying to withdraw funds; I stopped all transactions last month. Any monies have always been deducted directly from my bank account (I do not have a credit or debit card on file with PayPal). I’m simply trying to close my PayPal account so that my bank account is not exposed to potential fraud.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JSPA 

The only reason i suspected that is because you mentioned 180 days?

Only any email permanently banning you normally says they will release any funds after 180 days but only you know the info you have got, I'm guessing to be honest based on what you said and the fact you can't close your account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.