Cannot Close My PayPal Account

ae1234567890
New Community Member

Hello,

I signed up for a PayPal business and in the process of verifying the identity of the business, I figured I do not have complete set of documents to verify my account so I decided to close my account. I have not cases in the Resolution Center and payments due or owed. I spent over 1.5 hours on the phone and chat to get PayPal close my account. Finally, they said they cannot close the account until I provide the documents to verify the business. I told them I do not have enough documents and that is why I am closing the account. They simply said, "we understand but sorry we cannot do anything." after over 1.5 hours. 

This is ridiculous.

Please help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ae1234567890

You have to verify before you can close, if you can't verify then paypal may 'limit' it for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ae1234567890
New Community Member

This is not a solution. I cannot provide all the required documents and want the PayPal account closed. What is PayPal getting out of not closing the account that cannot be verified?  It doesn't make any sense.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.