Cannot Close Account - No Cases, Limited Access - HELP PLEASE!

livejoker24
Contributor
Contributor

I've used Paypal a handful of times, if not less. I'm getting emails to provide business information since I mistakenly clicked to have a Business Account. I never entered any information on the first set of questions and I cannot back out of the business information screen. With the lack of information my account was set to limited but when I check the Resolution Center I have no open or close cases. Not a single thing.

I've confirmed via the 4-digit phone verification this was me. I contacted Paypal via their texting to talk to an agent. I am beyond annoyed that I am forced to provide information for a business I do not own to close an account I do not use! I initially wished to close my account as I was warned someone was trying to enter my account and my credit card is on here (which I cannot remove due to my account being limited).

This system is beyond broken and I've never been annoyed on this level. I've never left any comments on community pages asking for help. I'm completely without support and at my wits ends to protect my information. Any help would be appreciated - Paypal, please fix this issue and close my account.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@livejoker24 

Contact customer services and ask them to downgrade the account back to a personal one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.