Cannot Access and Close Account

heatrei33
Contributor
Contributor

Long story short, I’ve tried to call PayPal 8 times in the last 3 months because I can’t access my other account due to having my number changed and it’s the only way I can log in on that one with the verification code issue. I have a remaining balance. But I don’t have access. Whoever has my old number will have access to all my info and I’m beyond worried. I’ve tried to ask for a password reset, didn’t work. I’ve tried to ask Twice to speak with a manager, which never happened. I’ve tried asking for the account to be shut down, but it’s still there because the money has still not been deposited and it has been several weeks now. I’m at a complete loss on what to do. Calling PayPal has not been helpful AT ALL. I keep getting promises that don’t follow through. Please help...

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@heatrei33 

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

heatrei33
Contributor
Contributor
Tried doing this, I kept getting more promises that don’t follow through...trying again today but is still not yielding any results at all.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @heatrei33,

I'm very sorry to hear of the experience that you've had with customer service dealing with this issue. It would not be possible to close an account with a balance, and it sounds very much like account closure would be the way to resolve the issue. If it's an option you'd consider, you may be able to authorize the representative to refund any payments that make up the current balance so the account can be closed, and then arrange to be paid to the new account. If that would work for you, please contact customer service and suggest that resolution.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

heatrei33
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately when I have asked to have the balance transfer (which I did so about a week ago) and to close my account, it has also yet to happen. I’ve even given it more than a few days if not a week now. I really don’t know what to do. No matter what I ask, it never happens or no one follows through. I’m very very upset with my experiences with this...
Login to Me Too

heatrei33
Contributor
Contributor
@PayPal_Olivia I tried Facebook for the 4th time and they keep telling me to call but I never get anything solved when I call either so I am at a complete loss...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.