Can't update Beneficial Owner information

S400
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal sent me a "big brother's watching you" type email recently wanting me to register all sorts of data that the USA government wants !!!

--

So I get an error whenever I try to update my Beneficial Owner information for my company. 

The error is:-

I have tried using PayPal's online help and sent them a message about this problem.

Now I get really annoyed with PayPal - or at least their response

PayPal has written a stupid "stock answer" email and then written that if none of their stock answers matches whatever my problem is then I should PHONE them !!

• PayPal .... if I had wanted to phone you, I would have done so.
  • I prefer a written resolution so that there is no disagreement later on who said what in a phone call - so no I will not phone.

So I go to PayPal's resolution centre, only to find that there is no record of my support request at all - not even 'closed'.

So - please can anyone give me a resolution to the error PayPal's web interface throws up when I try to enter my Beneficial Owner information ?

PS: -

Why a UK company working with PayPal.co.UK should have to do this I don't know - but apparently I will lose my PayPal account unless I conform.

(Obviously PayPal are too lazy to get this information from my Companies House registration ...... it's all there PayPal !)

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

SilhouHistory
Contributor
Contributor

Screenshot_3.jpg

I received the following error message, I submitted to PayPal and I haven't received any valuable answer, but autoreply, which didn't helped at all.

Where to submit this error to make the Paypal fix it?

Login to Me Too

SilhouHistory
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I contacted PayPal helpdesk via phone, and they entered my missing data (address and nationality).

Since then I haven't received new email notification, I hope it worked. We'll see in 27 November, when deadline comes.

Login to Me Too

MomoCRMdotcom
New Community Member

I have the same problem for quite a long now.

Is there any other solution, than contacting via phone?

Login to Me Too

RDTLTD
New Community Member

Just had this same problem  ... Got on LIve chat with paypal & Sorted it immediately... You can enter all the details you need in the Settings ...

Click the Gear Icon (Settings)

Then  ... My Business Info

Then Click The Update Button Next to Business Information

From There you can update Benificial owners, Board of directors Etc ... Worked first time for me 

Login to Me Too

hnhautltd123
Contributor
Contributor

Any updates here?  No one answers the phone, the chat thing is a robot, and it is impossible to fix this.

We've had this account for 16 years and suddenly, when we need the income the most, they block it.

Any idea how to contact  them???  Seems they are stealing the money to make interest or they are short of cash.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.