Can't sign in

LemniscateJ
Contributor
Contributor
This is my mom's account, I currently have to use it to make PayPal purchases. I cannot sign into my account because the number is old and I must verify its me. Anyway I can solve this? Please help!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

ramberroya
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi, What is 2-step verification? You can add an extra layer of security to your PayPal account by enabling 2-step verification for log in. Once this feature is activated, we’ll send you a unique, random 6-digit access code each time you try to log in. Simply enter this code to access your account. There are two ways to set up 2-step verification. You can use an authenticator app (like Google Authenticator and Microsoft Authenticator) or you can ask us to send text messages to your mobile phone. Here's how to set it up: Go to your Settings. Click Security. Click Set Up next to “2-step verification.” Choose to receive a text or use an authenticator app, then click Next. Follow the prompts to link your phone or authenticator app. Set up a back-up method in case you can’t access your primary cell or authenticator app. Click Done to activate 2-step verification. You can deactivate 2-step verification at any time: Go to your Settings. Click Security. Click Update next to “2-step verification.” Click Turn Off next to 2-step verification, then the Turn It Off button. For added protection, you can also add 2-step verification to other devices. Since you can no longer access the phone number. You may want to set up new email account and create a brand new paypal account and you will link the phone number you have access to. Hope this will resolve your issue. Thanks, ***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thanks and have a great day! ☺

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

ramberroya
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi, What is 2-step verification? You can add an extra layer of security to your PayPal account by enabling 2-step verification for log in. Once this feature is activated, we’ll send you a unique, random 6-digit access code each time you try to log in. Simply enter this code to access your account. There are two ways to set up 2-step verification. You can use an authenticator app (like Google Authenticator and Microsoft Authenticator) or you can ask us to send text messages to your mobile phone. Here's how to set it up: Go to your Settings. Click Security. Click Set Up next to “2-step verification.” Choose to receive a text or use an authenticator app, then click Next. Follow the prompts to link your phone or authenticator app. Set up a back-up method in case you can’t access your primary cell or authenticator app. Click Done to activate 2-step verification. You can deactivate 2-step verification at any time: Go to your Settings. Click Security. Click Update next to “2-step verification.” Click Turn Off next to 2-step verification, then the Turn It Off button. For added protection, you can also add 2-step verification to other devices. Since you can no longer access the phone number. You may want to set up new email account and create a brand new paypal account and you will link the phone number you have access to. Hope this will resolve your issue. Thanks, ***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thanks and have a great day! ☺
Login to Me Too

LemniscateJ
Contributor
Contributor
Is there a way I could get that email off that account so I can make a new one?
Login to Me Too

saahibuul
Contributor
Contributor

if u cant sign in the first place how are you going to set up the 2 step verification

Login to Me Too

ronnyconny
Contributor
Contributor

After years of  being a good PayPal user I suddenly could not sign in.  I tried changing the password several times but that did not work.  I was asked some security questions (my favorite teacher, etc) that I answered correctly.  I was presented with a captcha and I passed that test OK.  I attempted to contact PayPal support but to do that I would need to be signed in.  PayPal finally sent me an access code to an obsolete phone number that I used to register with.  That was that, no other options for validating my account. 

A catch 22.  Extremely frustrating!  My money has been locked up in PayPal for weeks and I cannot get it out!  Finally, after many hours of struggle I found on the internet a round-about way to contact customer support.  I hope that PayPal will allow me to give you this phone number whereby you can get a code sent to your, Facebook, email address, whatever, which will unblock the access to your account:

0[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/p>

Paypal, if you are paying attention, please fix this problem.  It has been going on for several years.  Gillions of people are pulling their hair out and probably looking for an alternative to PayPal (like me).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.