Can't reply to 62226 !!!

tony112
Contributor
Contributor

I received a text regarding a transaction. The transaction is authorized but I can't reply 1 to this number, because my network doesn't support these texts. Why are you using these numbers? What is going to happen now that I can't reply?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

JDF6897
New Community Member

Did you ever find a solution? I am having the same problem!

Login to Me Too

tony112
Contributor
Contributor

I messaged support and after a while they responded confirming a different transaction, but it was all good in the end...

Login to Me Too

laurieowens
New Community Member
Same issue here , uk, giffgaff sim
Login to Me Too

Miggal88
Contributor
Contributor
Hello all, I have got the same issue as you with regards to the text message. UK, Sky mobile and cant reply with 1?? Does this self-authorise after a period if you don't reply as on my account the payment shows as it's been sent and is all good, but you tell that to my friend waiting to take it out at the other end and cant?
Login to Me Too

Stu66
Contributor
Contributor

Yep. I'm in the same boat. Bought an item for £70 off ebay using usual method. Moments later had a text requesting a confirmation of purchase by reply 1 for yes or 2 for no.

62226 is and has been blocked by PlusNet for some time and I am unable to reply with the OK 1.

So emails from ebay request that I complete payment and pay the £70 (I have). My PayPal account informs me that the Seller hasn't accepted. So there's a bit of confusion going on.

I've contacted the seller explaining the PlusNet issue on replies to 62226 (I think there's a cost too for replying) and they've replied as baffled as I and they'll check their side of things.

As writing this the payments have completed!

So all is good.

I think PayPal and eBay provide no information regarding whats happening to protect both parties. As lets face it, I'm only after the item and they're only after payment. All other issues are private.

I'm glad PlusNet blocked my reply to 62226 as it may have saved me some pennies. And of course, all's well that ends well. So I'm looking forward to what does appear to be a PayPay eBay safe purchase. I'm not keen on saying that but Kudos where Kudos is due! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Dekenba
New Community Member

Me too.

I'm on three, and my attempted reply is met with:

"Not sent. Tap to try again"

Needless to say, no amount of tapping makes any difference.

As the text says "[Reply needed]", and the transaction is valid, I'm slightly concerned that PayPal will reverse the payment.

Surely somebody at PayPal should sort this out? There are 10 million Three account holders who are in the same position!!

Agh!

Login to Me Too

Yapper
Contributor
Contributor
I'm on 3 too. Last time I had this issuewas trying to unsubscribe from waitrose spam SMS. The reason turned out to be that an additional fee of a few p was required by waitrose to allow me to send them that SMS to unsubscribe. My 3 settings prevent me from doing anything outside of what I pay monthly. Thought that was a bit on the nose and deleted my phone number from my waitrose profile. Looks like paypal are doing the same thing. Guess I'll be disabling this 2FA setting when I find it.
Login to Me Too

AsquithM
New Community Member
Is there a fix yet?
Login to Me Too

Demonicale
New Community Member
Yeah I'm having this issue too, smarty mobile UK
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.