Can't login to the Paypal app in ios

Huton11
New Community Member

I am having trouble connecting to the paypal app on my iphone. It works on any browser like chrome and safari, but not on ios

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey Huton11,

Oh no! It sounds like your browser may be out of date. Check the app store and ensure your app is updated. If it is, could you provide any additional information regarding the issue so the community can help? Thank you!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

velvis
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot login to the PayPal iOS App on any of my iOS Devices. I've switched to using a browser instead of the app. I believe it is an issue with PayPal 2FA system and touch id/face id. I have a case that was put on hold with MTS but who knows when that issue will be addressed. My case number was or still is 05838277. Below is my last exchange with MTS support.

"Thank you for contacting Merchant Technical Support.

Unfortunately, the problem you're experiencing is being caused by some technical issues with the PayPal system. Our engineers are currently working diligently on a solution to this problem. I am going to assign this ticket to our internal engineering ticket so that when the problem is resolved, you will be notified of its completion right away.

This ticket will remain in an "On Hold" status until you're contacted about the resolution. As a workaround, try again after disabling your 2 step authentication."

Edit: If I turn off 2FA the app works across all my iOS Devices(iPhone X and iPad Pro 2018). Turn 2FA back on and the app fails 'gracefully'. Since I'm not in the habit of making my accounts less secure, I'll stick to a browser or just go with another service.

Login to Me Too

EmeraldAspects
New Community Member

I don't have 2FA turned on. I didn't have this issue with my iphone 7 or 8, but the 12 promax won't let me login. I get a Security Challenge screen, about a minute later a text box appears. Yes my app is up to date. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.