Can't login in to my second account

danidraws
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I have two PayPal accounts but can only login into one of them. I know my login details but when I try to login to my second account I get the message that I will receive a phone call for security reasons but I never receive the call? The second option, to receive a verification code by text doesn't work either.

I have the same mobile number linked to both accounts and it works when logging into my first account (then I receive a code by text) but it doesn't work when trying to login to my second account - then I just get this message: "We're sorry we're having some trouble completing your request, please try again shortly". I have tried several times but with no luck. 
I have called three different numbers to customer service but have never reached a real person. Don't know how to solve this problem, please help!
Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@danidraws 

Not sure you can use the same phone number on x2 accounts, same as you can't use the same email addresses on x2 paypal accounts.

Also you can only have 2 paypal accounts if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business, sadly you can't have 2 of the same type so be careful.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

danidraws
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @kernowlass 
I suspected it might be that I have the same phone number on both. Had no idea you couldn't have two personal accounts! I've had both for years as I used to sell my art on Etsy and eBay but as I haven't used or logged into either account in a while I didn't know. Not sure what to do as it seems almost impossible to speak to anyone in customer service. I started chatting with a PayPal employee stating my problem, he wrote "just a moment please" and then disappeared..(?) It's such a frustrating problem as I can't login to change phone number or close the second account!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.