Can't login anymore due to being forced to add a mobile number

natw
Contributor
Contributor

I used to get prompts all the time to add a monile number when logging in but you could always skip it. Now that is no longer possible and I can't log in without adding a mobile number, I do not use/have a mobile phone so what do I do?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@natw 

get a pay as you go cheap phone to add?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

natw
Contributor
Contributor

You're telling me I have to spend money in order to get back into my paypal account?

Login to Me Too

dgrb
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem and have *no intention* of getting any kind of mobile.

This sounds like a good way to lose customers...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_April

Hello @dgrb

A mobile phone number isn't typically a requirement for a PayPal account. If you are having trouble logging in, I would suggest contacting Customer Support. You can locate the contact number by clicking on 'Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal page. From there select 'Call us' and then select 'Call as guest'. 

-April 

Login to Me Too

Acquisitions
Contributor
Contributor

I've been getting the option to add a phone number for a long time, but as of today, I can not log in at all. I can't even contact PayPal to discuss, because I have to log in, but I can't because I'm being forced to add a number... You see where this is going...

My PayPal account is a work account, and there just is not any mobile phone to be added. Nor should there be any need for one. It's been working just fine for almost 10 years. Why does PayPal need access to a phone?

Login to Me Too

startiger
Contributor
Contributor

Click on 'contact' at the bottom of the page, once the contact page opens, you should be logged in.  Go to the tabs at the top of the page to access your account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.