Can't login, a lot

Seejay
Contributor
Contributor

I often can't login to PayPal. I set up 2-factor authentication to solve this problem, but it hasn't. I enter my password correctly and the 2F code, then it tells me it can't log me in. I go through the reset process, and get to the security questions. It always asks for a "favorite author" and "favorite historical figure." I couldn't remember these, so when I finally did login again, I reset my security questions recently to "hospital I was born in" and "father's middle name."

Tonight I had the same problem. When I got to the security questions, it AGAIN gave me "favorite author" and "historical figure" instead of the updated questions. I updated them AGAIN TONIGHT. But when I go to check them to make sure they are saved, they are both blank, and I have to reset them AGAIN.

Calling the support staff to help with login EVERY TIME I need PayPal is not a solution. I have read the other posts that suggest this. It's not a solution, it's just another problem, a different problem. Why can't I login with a correct pw and 2-Factor, and why can't PayPal update my security questions?

The way I finally solved this problem tonight was by changing locations on my VPN. I finally found a location PayPal liked I guess. Again, this is not a solution. It's a another problem, just a different problem. PayPal is international. Its users travel. IP address should not be an issue with 2F, and they should be able to keep security questions up-to-date! Texting overseas will not work!

Any suggestions or actual solutions would be appreciated to these constant and continuous login issues.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.