Can't log into account

Coldeb1
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal now use a Text Verification code when you try to login, however , They are trying to text my Old Mobile number, they have a Tab choice underneath to call your landline with the code instead, but this also is out of date as I do not have a landline anymore, now here is the thing, everything you try to do, all the links you follow all lead back to that dreaded box, it's like groundhog day, you can't get past it. I have been on their facebook page, used the private message service etc, but they just keep telling you to do the same things over and over again, all of which all just end up with that same verification box, so basically I am locked out. It's not as if PayPal are not aware of this, there are loads of people on facebook all reporting the same thing, all getting nowhere, all caught in the same catch 22... the phone numbers they give you are useless, no one answers one number and the other one, all I get is the unattainable tone. Has anyone else managed to solve this problem, get into their account and correct their contact details?, if so, how did they do it? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Coldeb1 

Try:

1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.

2. Use the forgotten password option.

3. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).

4. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Coldeb1 

Try:

1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.

2. Use the forgotten password option.

3. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).

4. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Coldeb1
Contributor
Contributor

I've now tried all those things, and no one answers the phone, it's so frustrating as PayPal now intend to charge me (and others) for not using an account I (we) can't even access 😡

Login to Me Too

Kedze
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I go to the 2nd verification stage then the call never comes.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.