Can't log in to my account - signin?failedBecause=service_error

MrMegatron
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone, Ive been a paypal user for several years now and my experience in that time has been hassle free. However, yesterday I ran into a problem logging in.

I entered my correct email and password, on the same computer in the same location, as I have done for the past 5 years but was greeted with a message "We're sorry, we can't log you in. Contact Customer Service for more help, or try logging in again." The url had this at the end "signin?failedBecause=service_error" 🤔

I tried again, no luck. I reset my password, no luck. I rang customer service, where I reset my password again, no luck. I was told paypal's system may take some time to "refresh" but I was sceptical. That night, I reset my password again and quickly I logged in, Success! However as soon as I logged out I was shut out again. ☹️

Today I tried logging in again, no luck, same message. Can anyone help me, please! 😞

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

flint87
New Community Member

I have the same kind of problem when I try to login on android chrome browser

Login to Me Too

milalala
Contributor
Contributor

I’m having the same problem for about two weeks now, and Customer Support couldn’t help me too.

Have you found a solution?

Login to Me Too

cedric5fr

I have exactly the same problem since 3 days.

And customer service fail to solve.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum. 

I am sorry to hear you having difficulty accessing your PayPal account. Please unplug your wi-fi router box and leave it unplugged for approximately 5 minutes. Once it is plugged back in, it will reset the service and hopefully, this will allow you to access the PayPal account. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

milalala
Contributor
Contributor

I've just tried it. But no, it doesn't solve the problem.

Login to Me Too

vrsec
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem.  Two days now I haven't been able to log on.  Although the computer on the next desk to me does allow me to.  Thought that switching the computer off would help - no.  Removing cache and cookies - no.  My other paypal accounts work fine, but just one is not working.  PLEASE HELP.  I can purchase things with paypal with no problem, it lets me log on to pay, but not for anything else !

Login to Me Too

Gbruce
New Community Member

Got the same issue here, anybody got a fix?

Login to Me Too

schriftstehler
Contributor
Contributor

No. That won't work.
It doesn't matter, which network I use - I can't login to my account.

Login to Me Too

nay27uk
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same issue now for at least 6 months on all major browsers.

Changed passwords security questions etc but no luck it will sign in via eBay etc but not on the actual paypal site, paypal fix this now!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.