Can't log in so I can't contact PayPal

sakinyu
Contributor
Contributor

Dear all,

I'm trying to log in but, guess what? The only way to do so is to verify it's me by sending me a message (or call) to a phone number that I can't access for the moment.

I tried to contact paypal to solve this issue, but they ask me to log in before calling, emailing or texting them; which I can't do without my phone. I also tried Facebook, but the machine is not clever enough to figure out my problem. Any idea on how can I contact them to solve my issue them without logging in?

Thanks a lot guys

cheers

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sakinyu 

You would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sakinyu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kernowglass,

I forgot to mention that calling customer service is not an option right now for me. I'm in Japan (that's why I can't use my Belgian phone, the SIM card doesn't work here). So you can imagine my bill for an international call to a customer service that, as you said, are mostly non operational...

Regarding online chat, that would be the best solution. Although couldn't find this option anywhere. I'll check again if it's available, thanks.

I tried FB, but there's no real person answering the messages, only AI; and this may be the case for Twitter too. For other options such as sending a message or email, I need to log in.

thanks for your help.

s

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.