Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

SachaD

This does not work, even after changing the password it still demands additional verification and the only available option is the same non-existing phone number, so I am stuck in the same loop. It's mind-boggling that this is still an issue. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SachaD 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pollyanna27
Contributor
Contributor

I have my phone number added to another Paypal account, I got a new phone and now can’t access that Paypal account without it sending my phone a text, I’ve tried changing my password numerous times and it still takes me to having to text my old number. I’ve set this Paypal up just so I can ask this question as I can’t access my account. I’ve got a refund coming in being sent to a blocked card and I need to stop that from happening. Someone please help 🙏🏻☹️ How do I get into my account without this number issue - I’ve done ‘trouble logging in’ & changing my password still can’t access the account.

Login to Me Too

esid721248
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Pollyanna27,

Thank you very much for your query.

I am sorry upon hearing that you are having challenges in logging in to your PayPal account. If you’re having trouble logging in, you may just need to clear your cache and cookies from your Internet browser. If you need help doing this, go to your browser's support page, or do a web search with "How do I clear cache and cookies in (Your Internet browser name and version,for example, Internet Explorer 11).  You may want to consider going to a different browser lets say if you are using Google Chrome, kindly switch to Internet Explorer.  Please check on these steps:

1. Go to Log In .
  2. Click Having trouble logging in?
  3. Enter the email address you may have registered, then click Next.
  4. If an email address you entered is recognized we'll let you know which one.
  5. Click Continue to log in if you remember your password.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

horseart
New Community Member

Seems many have this phone number change problem and no help is available. Rotten Paypal experience. I'm locked out and it seems permanent and Paypal has my money.

Login to Me Too

ChrisCox978
Contributor
Contributor

This problem is happening to all of us! And nothing about this issue is "SOLVED" either, so that's a lie. I don't know why they mark it "solved" when the problem exists exactly as it was when this was posted on the PayPal Community Help. Absolutely no customer service for this specific issue, which is happening to 100,000 other people across the world. This is **bleep**

Login to Me Too

HCRN
Contributor
Contributor

Did you even read his question? He cannot log in because of the new PSD2 and because he has a new phone number. It is not a browser or cache/cookies issue. I also have the same problem...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HCRN 

They read the question which was appropriate advice in APRIL before the PS2 new rules came in, so did you read properly?

If you ask a polite question then we will give you the information for NOVEMBER.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kittykitten
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happening to me and because of Covid I can’t reach a live person agent to help me
Login to Me Too

cAtm3ow
Contributor
Contributor

i would contact paypal customer service and see if they can access your account for you, even make the dead card thing work out. customer support is nice! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.