Can't log in because PSD2 page block.

Elektrakosh
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I'm locked out of my account because of that page. (I have never used a phone and never intend to.) The phone number registered is nonexistent now and I'm unable to log in at all. The option to use another way doesn't work, and takes me back to the annoying page. I really need help. (Not even sure I can get here again because of it)
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Elektrakosh
Contributor
Contributor
Another note, the app has the same block so I can't change the phone number anyway.
Login to Me Too

Elektrakosh
Contributor
Contributor
Tried other browsers and the app and it's still locked behind the 2 step auth overlay. I guess the only option may be to leave my long standing account to die. It's a shame since I had no problems right up to this point. I'm disappointed.
Login to Me Too

Pavoo

Same problem. To be honest, this is an absolute joke.

Login to Me Too

Elektrakosh
Contributor
Contributor
You too, eh? I doubt I'll be able to use PayPal ever again. I'm disappointed with all of this to be fair.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Elektrakosh 

@Pavoo 

New policy means you need to add a mobile phone to access paypal now as per the moderators response on this thread.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Account/Don-t-have-a-mobile-phone/m-p/2032677#M65272

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Elektrakosh
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah most of those you suggested doesn't work. Password changes, browser changes and no matter how many times you install/uninstall the app, the page is still there blocking progress. Getting in touch with anyone on here is impossible. I have email and that's it as far as communication goes. Thank you for the help but sadly none of it works for me.
Login to Me Too

Elektrakosh
Contributor
Contributor
Still locked out of my account.
Login to Me Too

Elektrakosh
Contributor
Contributor
Hope things work out for you! I'm not going to spend what little money I have on an item I will never use. I've never felt so excluded in all my life. Thank you for the help all the same and I hope you folks who do have phones get your accounts back. Bye, folks!
Login to Me Too

Fatzers
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the offered help.

" you need to add a mobile phone"

How to do this if PayPal won't allow you to log on?

"You cannot add more than 100 images in this community."
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.