New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
I do not use my paypal account very often but I have tried to log in and get the error message that "Sorry, we couldn't confirm it's you"
I last logged into my account late last year and do not have a phone number linked to the account, so I am guessing it can not be authenticated. I can not contact customer services as I can not log in to the message centre, can not log in to update my details and I can not get through on the phone. I am also living abroad now in Italy though my account was set up in Ireland.
Thinking that the problem was my passowrd, I was able to go through the process of updating that successfully, but I am still not able to log in.
Can someone advise how I can log in and add phone details to my account or contact customer services without logging in?
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.
If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.
Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...
1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.