Can't get past security check - any other options?

rkeith72
New Community Member

I just spent 45 minutes with PayPal's top notch support team in India.  They were extremely nice but they couldn't help me (sigh).  So here's the quick facts of my issue:

• My PayPal account is new, just over a week old.  I am a basic paypal member. 
  • I tried sending my wife $10 to her paypal account via her accounts email address. 
  • I get all the way through the process and after putting in the amount I want to send, PayPal takes me to a screen that it needs to verify it's me (security check). 
  • That screen gives me two options, either put in a phone number so it can text me a code, or put in a phone number so they can call me. 
  • When I click on either option to add a phone number (my cell phone number, which I've already verified with my account), it tells me it can't verify the number is registered under my name. 
  • My service provider is StraightTalk and my guess is their service may not give PayPal a way of verifying that the phone number is under my name.  
  • At this point I've hit a dead end, there is no other option to get around this issue, so I called PayPal's support. 
  • They had two suggestions 1.) calling my cellular provider to make sure it's under my name (and not in a family plan or business account) 😐 or 2.) Delete my account, setup a new one and try again 😐 
  • So let's assume #1 is the issue (which it is not) what am I supposed to do? Change my phone's plan or setup new service just so I can verify myself with PayPal?  
  • And #2, If there is some type of "technical glitch" with my account, I shouldn't have to delete it and setup a new one.  PayPal should be able to fix it. 
  • So I have no idea what to do right now, I can't get pass this issue. 
  • Help!

Thanks.  

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.