Can’t confirm identity via phone number

J102
New Community Member
So I was adding my bank account to my paypal yesterday, as usual it asks to type in the verification code they sent to your phone number. I wasn’t receiving the codes so I clicked resend waiting for a new one. I realised it was because I have no service so I rebooted my phone, when I was adding my bak account it then said I was unable to confirm my identity? I’m assuming I have to contact paypal about this. I need to fix this asap as I have a refund coming which came from that bank account and I need the money. Any help is appreciated
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

moneymatters168
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@J102

The PayPal verification system is very strict and any action especially with regard to security verification that could be construed as an attempt by an unauthorised access to your account would trigger an account block to protect you.

Try again after 24-48 hrs and be sure you are providing the right information. Always keep your account updated.

Stay Safe 

Login to Me Too

Manxmax
New Community Member

Nope. That doesn't work.
Been trying for a few days now. Just tried again after two days and still no code.
Something is broken. I seem to remember that this has happened in the past. Probably something to do with PayPal not recognising my country (Isle of Man) and assuming it is part of the UK (it most definitely is not!) but not recognising the area code.
I'm now get emails saying that I must confirm my phone number because of some new rules, or other.
Help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.