Can't confirm Mobile Number

Gamerpanda879
Contributor
Contributor

So, I was about to link a bank, but then it told me that I had to have a mobile confirmation by receiving a 6 digit code. But when the code didn't get sent to my phone and without that, I won't be able to send money to Paypal.

Does anyone have the same problem as myself and knows how to fix it? And don't tell me that I should call Paypal, due to the fact that one guy said that I had Tmobile and he said that phone company don't accept the sms messages here and I DON'T want to switch phone services because of some stupid thing like that.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Gamerpanda879
Contributor
Contributor

Replying because I know it would only get left behind.

Login to Me Too

randomgeekery
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same issue.  Whenever I log in, Paypal wants me to confirm my mobile number, but when I click to send the verification code, I receive NO message.  I've tried multiple times.  Still no text with a verification code.

I don't know if this was a coincidence or not, but the first time I attempted to have the verification code sent, I immediately received a scam text telling me my Paypal account had been hacked (not true) and to click (a dubious) link to "reclaim" my account.  Aside from continually not receiving a verification code, I've no other problems with my account, so I ignored the scammer.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @randomgeekery,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

Can I ask you if you have ever added and confirmed your phone number on another PayPal account? If yes, this could be why you cannot confirm it now. I would recommend contacting our Customer Service directly to resolve the matter. If you want to contact our Customer Service, you can click ‘Help & Contact’ at the bottom of any PayPal page to see which options are available. You can also contact us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PayPal) or on Twitter (@AskPayPal).

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

randomgeekery
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, no I've had the exact same Paypal account for many years now, and I've never added my number to a different account.

The problem with contacting customer service is that I don't have internet at home.  I come to a library to access a computer/internet, and I don't really want to have a phone conversation with a customer service representative inside a library (I'm old-fashioned, I don't like having a private conversation in public).  Calling at home would be useless, as I don't have a computer/internet to access my Paypal account. 😛

Login to Me Too

mikiserb
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Martina,I have problem confirming my phone,I never get confirmation code on my mobile by text  message.I try contact several times thru help and support but never get an answer.
I think my other account problems are linked with this problem.
Can you help me please.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.