Can't close my account.

aapje
Contributor
Contributor

About a month and a half ago my account was restricted. (This is because I opened my account back in 2007 when I was 17, and you have to be older than 18.)

So now I'm trying to close my account to open a new one. I've been trying to do this for over a month and PayPal's costumer service doesn't respond to any of my messages. That's why I'm asking here.

When I try to remove my bank account from my PayPal account I get this message: "Sorry, you can't remove this bank account because of a pending transaction. Please try again later." (there's not any pending transaction as far as I know. There was a temporary hold by Uber, but they've removed it about a week ago)

When I try to close my PayPal account altogether: "Before you close your account Sorry, there's a problem. Please try again later."

Or even when I try to remove just my email address: "Sorry, there's a problem. Please try again later."

I hope anyone here can help me solve this problem. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aapje

You would never be able to use a paypal account that was opened when you were underage, its limited permanently and any funding sources frozen on it.

As you broke paypal rules then you have to contact customer services to see if they will allow you to open an account now you are 18.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

aapje
Contributor
Contributor

Hi kernowlass, thanks for your reply.

I completely understand that I'm not allowed to use this account anymore, since I broke the rules.

The problem is that I'm not allowed to close this account and/or remove my email address and bank account from it.

I have tried to contact customer services but they're not responding to any of my messages.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aapje

You can't close it, paypal limit it to stop you closing it.

That also freezes any financial info on that account to stop you being tempted to open another account when x1 is limited without their permission.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.