Can't change my name

RafisqiAdaputra
Contributor
Contributor
Is there anything i could do to change my name on paypal? ive thru all the process,send them all the proof but its been 2 weeks and i see theres no way for me to change it.please guys,i beg yall to help me.drawing commision is the only source of income for me during this pandemic and they keep me away from changing my name.therefore i cant transfer my money to my bank account
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RafisqiAdaputra 

If the name on the account is not a name that was ever your legal name, it is not likely that a name change will be possible. Names can be changed on an account in the following circumstances:

A legal name change

A minor misspelling

And in the case of an account for a registered business, a change in the designated contact for the company.

Changing from a fictitious name or a name unrelated to your legal name) to a legally recognized name is not something that is supported. If the account is not currently limited, you may wish to close the account and open an account using the correct information.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RafisqiAdaputra
Contributor
Contributor
thanks for the reply,but wouldnt it count as mispelling? Im few words away to change it as the same as my bank account's. im trying to avoid making another paypal account coz im just listed as established seller few days ago,beside it will cost me tax again to transfer to my new account
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RafisqiAdaputra 

If the mis-spelling was only 2 characters incorrect then yes you could change it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RafisqiAdaputra
Contributor
Contributor
so at this point do you reckon im just make another paypal account? wouldnt it be any problem if im transferring money from my old account?
Login to Me Too

RafisqiAdaputra
Contributor
Contributor
please,i know you had no obligation to help me out but this things gets me really stressed out my head felt like its gonna exploded.we all know paypal costumer service are the worst and i dont know who should i ask regarding this anymore.all works all these months felt worthless because i cant withdrawn my account because of some stupid policy.please anyone help me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.